Not too long ago, customers looking for your product or service would have to look you up in the Yellow Pages, the local paper, another form of print advertising or pass your shop front. Today, with the Internet, many of your potential customers will search for your product or service through search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo search and social media.
With 82% of adults using the internet and 78% of consumers conducting research online it is surprising that only 41% of businesses have a website.
The top 9 Reasons to have a Website!
- Your website is the easiest and most cost-effective way to represent your business 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and bring your message to the world.
- It’s a convenient shop front for your customer, they can find out about your business or purchase from you at a time that suits them best. Many online stores find their sales are highest out of their normal business working hours.
- Your website is great tool to compliment your other advertising and business promotions. Websites are easily updatable enabling you to keep your business and product information current which means your customers are always up to date with your latest products and services.
- Your website helps you stay competitive in your marketplace by keeping your name in your customers minds; especially when it is well placed in search engine results.
- Your website enhances your customer service and saves your office staff time. Many of your customers general enquiries can be handled by the information you provide on your website, especially in your FAQ. Larger companies find it cost-effective, efficient and a boon to their online reputation to have a dedicated customer service person to answer online questions.
- Many small businesses will find that having a website increases the geographical reach of their business. Through your website you can connect with customers who may not be able to visit your physical business premises. If your product is downloadable or able to be shipped your website will enable you to reach a worldwide marketplace.
- You can very accurately track the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns through tools such as Google analytics. You can use these tools to show you which marketing campaigns direct your customers to your website and monitor your website traffic.
- Inquiry marketing is the way many potential customers are choosing to find out about products and services. This type of customer will research a product or service and compare value, customer service and price before making a purchase. If you want your business to be competitive look at ways to provide this information to potential customers.
- Irrespective of the size of your business your website can impress your clients and potential clients.
So put yourself ahead of your competition and make sure your business website stands out from the crowd, easy for your customers to interact with and always up-to-date. The easiest way for your website to achieve these goals is to plan it.